Adventures in the Heart of Brazil.
Day 1: Arrival in Brasilia, DF (Brasilia International Airport. (BSB)
- Transfer Airport/Hotel and Check in Royal Tulip Brasilia Alvorada Hotel (From morning to afternoon. Must submit flight information no later than 15 days prior to check in date.
- Welcome Dinner and highlights of the Adventures in the heart of Brazil Dreamtrip. (1 entry and 3 main menu options: Chicken, Fish or Beef) in the Hotel’s restaurant, called Herbs Restaurant.
Day 2: Arrival and waterfall Almécegas I (Canyonning and Zip-line)
- Breakfast at the hotel, early morning between from 06:00 to 06:45.
- Check out from hotel at 7am.
- Board our Air-Conditioned Van to transfer from Brasilia to Alto Paraíso (230 km, 143mi)
- Check in at the Hotel Recanto da Boa Paz.
- Light meal at arrival in Alto Paraiso as 11:00
- After check in at the hotel, we’ll continue to the São Bento farm, where you’ll visit the waterfall “Almécegas I”.
- Rappel challenge at Almécegas I waterfall: Forty-five meters, 148 ft. high full of pure emotion. Hanging behind of the waterfall. Be ready to get wet.
- Descend or climb down totally controlled and assisted by specialized instructors accompanying the group.
- Zip-line Vôo do Gavião (Flight of the Hawk): This second challenge consists of crossing an 850 m, 2,788 ft. extension cable sliding as if you were flying in midair – 100 m, 328 ft. high above the ground. This zip-line experience is rated the most beautiful in Brazil, and has received its name “Vôo do Gavião” (Flight of the Hawk) because of the constant presence of the Carcarás hawk species observed flying nearby.
- Late lunch between 16:30 ~17:00
- Free evening.
Certification: All the adventures activities are certificated by the ABNT safety regulation NBR 15331 – SGS- Sistema de gestão da Segurança (System of security management).
Day 3: Raizama Canyon
- Breakfast at the hotel between 07:30 to 10:00AM
- Transfer to city of São Jorge to visit Raizama canyon, about 38 km from the hotel in Alto Paraíso.
- The Raizama Canyon is the first of the sightseeing tours open to the public that has been built and mapped at the Chapada dos Veadeiros (Veadeiros’s Plateau). The tour requires low technical skills. This circuit is considered a nice training area for canyon-school tours because it offers many of the elements of an extreme adventure experience.
- You’ll travel on to São Miguel’s riverbed the total distance for 1 km, 0.6 miles meeting and conquering several natural obstacles. At the beginning of this tour you will be canyoneering going thru passages and openings in a rock wall climbing down a narrow stretch of the canyon, experiencing a total of five canyoneering opportunities. One of them is a guided canyoneering, several plunges and swimming opportunities, going through exotic and full of beauty natural wonders.
- There will be a power snack served at this tour.
- You will return to São Jorge for lunch, and transfer back to Alto Paraíso.
Day 4: Santa Bárbara Waterfall & Capivara Waterfall
- After breakfast at the hotel you’ll board our van and get transferred to the neighbor municipality of Cavalcante city.
- You’ll visit a village, located 25km, 15 miles from Cavalcante, next to the historical grange Kalunga, an historical old hiding place for refugee slaves from Bahia back in the 1800. This site was discovered in the year of 1970.
- Visit the main attraction of the Kalunga’s community; Santa Bárbara Waterfall, displaying a beautiful 30 meters, 98 ft. high drop; forming crystal clear emerald green natural swimming pools.
- After Santa Bárbara Waterfalls, we will visit another attraction of Kalunga’s; a natural waterfall formed by the Capivara (Capybara) river, when it plummet at the incredible Capivara (Capybara) canyon, at the beginning of the ‘Vão das Almas’ (Valley of souls), the principal region of Kalunga’s community.
- Take a short walk on a steep trail to meet the beautiful natural water pool with emerald green waters, where you see the Capivara waterfall on one side and the Tiririca stream on the other side.
- At the end of our tour there will be a lunch prepared by the Kalungas (people from Kalunga’s community) at the Mill village.
- Return to Alto Paraíso (or São Jorge) at the end of the afternoon.
Day 5: PNCV (National Park of Chapada dos Veadeiros) – Plunge into the Rio Preto (Black River)
- After breakfast, you’ll go to São Jorge villa.
- Walking a total circuit of 12km, through the trails that will take you to Rio Preto plunge. Stopping several times to enjoy the view and to rest. The first fall you see, displays a 120 meter high drop and shows an unforgettable view, which has become the postcard of Chapada. Next, you’ll visit a second plunge. This one displays a 80-meter high water fall forming a great natural pool, perfect for cooling off with a refreshing swim. Returning from the walk, you have a chance to do one more dive on the way to natural Pedreiras whirlpool.
- Diner in São Jorge at the end of afternoon.
Day 6: Vale da Lua (Moon’s Valley) /Return to Brasília.
- After breakfast, you’ll leave early for our last tour departure @ 7:45am.
- We will visit “Vale da Lua” (Moon’s Valley), located next to the Parque Nacional (National park).
- Walk 600 meters through the São Miguel riverbed, exuberant and exotics rocks formation sculpted by the river’s water running through thousands of years.
- At 11:30, return to the hotel.
- Farewell lunch at a local restaurant and transfer to Brasília.
- Arrival in Brasilia and check in at the Royal Tulip Brasilia Alvorada.
- Free Afternoon
Day 7: Brasilia City tour.
- Breakfast at the hotel. Free morning.
- In the afternoon (2:30 PM) you’ll board our van to go on a city tour around Brasilia. Brasilia is the capital of Brazil. It is one of the few planned city worldwide. The itinerary, meanwhile, is unique. We will go to the Three Powers Square, with a quick visit stop at the Brasilia Cathedral. From there, you head to the Esplanade of Ministries, where you can enjoy the Itamaraty Palace and National Congress, until you reach the Three Powers Square. Then, you go toward the JK Bridge and then to the presidential palace, the official residence of the President of the Republic. On the return you’ll see the Palace of Justice, the National Theater of Brasilia, and Conjunto Nacional, the city’s most traditional shopping mall. Before the tour ends you’ll go up a 244M, 800ft. high TV Tower offering a wide view of the city. Continue via the monumental axis to JK Memorial Museum in honor of late president Jucelino Kubitschek, responsible for moving the capital from Rio de Janeiro to the Planalto Central in 1960.
- There will time in the afternoon for leisure time and or for shopping.
- At night (8 PM) Farewell dinner on a local restaurant by the “Pontão do Lago Sul” area.
Day 8: – Departure from Brasilia
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Transfer from hotel to the airport based on your flight schedule. Last departure from Hotel to the airport will be at 2pm, if you decide to transfer to the airport at a later time you must arrange for your own transportation.